9.03.2009

Just Call me Stupid

Thanks for all the comments on my last post. You are all much better support that people in RL.

A couple of you mentioned that I should ask my Dr. about Ovid rel to help induce an ovulation. I am confused because I thought that is what Clom id was doing. What is the difference? Those of you who have used Ovid rel, do you use it with Clom id, or in place of it?

I am a little worried about calling my Dr. because I had to beg her to give me Clom id. She is a very conservative Dr. and just wanted me to keep trying on my own. I tried getting into another OBGYN while I waited for my RE appointment, and all those appointments are even further out. I talked to my Dr.'s nurse about being monitored while I was on Clom id and she said they don't do that and I just needed to do it on my own and call them if I didn't ovulate and they would up the dose. Another friend told me that I really needed to have my blood taken on day 21 to see if that was the correct dose of Clom id for me (I guess you can be on the right dose, but it can still take a cycle or two to cause ovulation), but she couldn't remember what levels they test for. I want to call my Dr. and talk to her about all these things...blood test for Clom id, Ovid rel, a new dose of Clom id for next cycle but I feel like I am unsure of what to ask for. I hate waiting for Dr. appointments. I feel so stupid for waiting so long and trying to stick it out with my OBGYN. I feel like I am a mess and that I am never going to get out of this hole. My stupid RE appointment isn't until the end of November. AHHHH....

I am sorry this post is out of control. I am just freaking out. I feel like there is more monitoring and options that I want, but I can't find anyone to give them to me. Please send help!

***UPDATE*** I just got off the phone with my Dr.'s nurse. They are going to do the Progesterone test on CD21. I also told her to ask my Dr. about Ovid rel for my next cycle. Not feeling much better though.

5 comments:

A said...

Ovridel is an ovulation trigger shot, as far as I know, to give an extra bump your ovaries. You should definitely have ovulation day + 7 days (peak + 7 or 7dpo) bloodwork done to see if clomid worked. If you just do it on CD21, you might not be getting peak plus 7, so it is way more informative if you do 7dpo. (That test is for progesterone.) I sure hope they can figure out the right dosage for you and get that eggie out there!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're going through that. My first OBGYN was horrible! First she did no tests, just prescribed Clomid and said "I'll get you preg, you might have twins but you'll get preg!". FALSE HOPE! First cycle didn't even make it to my day 21 test. Started period a couple days after I took the last Clomid pill. She was like "wtf, I'll up your dosage" and increased it to 100mg. Big mistake! Next cycle my test results were awesome and she said "oh you won't need to take it another month, you'll be preg this month!" She really hinted that she knew I was preg. Nope, started my period at my inlaws on Thanksgiving. Tried again with the 100mg and then had horrible cramps that left me flat on the floor and not able to move. Called the dr, no call back. Called again, no call back. Threw the next months pills in the trash b/c the physical and emotional pain was too much. Anyways...now I have a new OBGYN who is much better but I will still likely have to go to a RE after this month. I hope your experience goes better than mine! Lots of luck!

Alison said...

If you do ovulate before the 21-day test, you may want to reschedule the progesterone test for 7 days after ovulation. Of course ask your doc, but I had a couple of unnecessary blood draws because it was day 21, but I had not ovulated yet.

Alison said...

Oops, sorry just realized that my comment was almost identical to the first one from A. Sorry :0

Anonymous said...

Clomid makes you have more follicles I believe and the ovidrel makes them actually "let go" or be ready to be fertilized. You use both. I'm sorry your ob isn't very helpful. I like my RE in that he's very involved.