7.08.2010

Life and Death

I have good and bad news.  I guess I should get the bad news over with first...

My dear sweet friend lost her battle with Cancer last weekend.  She fought a very good fight, but in the end the stupid Cancer took over.  I am heartbroken at the thought of going through the rest of my life without her, but so glad that she went quickly and peacefully.  It could have been a terrible process, but from the time we knew there was nothing left to do, and the time she passed was only a couple of days.  I was able to see her and say goodbye 2 days before, and for that I feel very lucky.  We are burying her this weekend, and I am sure that is when the reality will really set in for me.  It is still so hard for me to imagine.  The world lost a beautiful soul when they took her.

Good news...we got our 3rd BFP yesterday morning.  We are not really celebrating until we hit 12 weeks, so don't get to excited for me yet.  I hate what RPL has done to me.  Every time I go to the bathroom I expect to see red.  Every time I have even the tiniest amount of a cramp I think I am going to lose it.  I see my Dr. on Tuesday.  He will keep seeing me every week until I make it to 12 weeks.  September 1st is when we will celebrate! 

17 comments:

Life Happens said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I loss a good friend this time last year to cancer too. I'm sure this is a tough time for you.

Congrats on the BFP. I will pray that you will make it to week 12 with flying colors!

Melissa said...

I'm terribly sorry for your loss of your friend. She'll be with you through life, trust me, just not how you pictured it. {{hugs}}

While I'm giddy for you on your BFP! I'll keep my celebration low key and keep you & DH in our prayers. Come on Sept 1st!!

Lmac said...

I am so sorry....cancer is a hearbreaking disease...get through this best you can. Sept. 1 cant come soon enough!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I am so excited for you for your BFP! The 3 of you are in my prayers.

Jenn said...

I'm so sorry... I know the day it really hit me, was when I couldn't call her to tell her about the crazy lady I saw in Wal Mart. I really am so sorry.
Also, congrats (quitetly) for the bfp. I will continue to pray for you, and peace. However, come September 1st, I'll be screaming my head off! Wishing and praying for the best.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your friend. :(



Congratulations on your BFP(in a non-celebratory tone) :)
Will keep you in my prayers that this one will stick around.
Just curious.....but since you have a history of RPL will you do the baby aspirin or any other treatments to help keep the pregnancy?

Anonymous said...

So sorry you've lost your friend. It's so tragic to lose someone so young, so close to you. Cancer is evil :(.
Will be praying for you and your little one...

Stacie said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. Cancer is such a terrible disease. It takes so many far too young.

Fingers crossed for a huge celebration September 1st!

Nick and Kristi said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friend...but would like to say that I am happy for your pregnancy number 3....I understand being gaured we had 4 losses in this past year and our currently prego with our 5th...Peaceful thoughts your way

A said...

I'll be praying for you as you grieve the loss of your friend. What a blessing that you have new life growing within you right now- will also be praying that you will have a H&H 9 months :)

Jana said...

sorry to hear about your friend, that is wonderful you were able to see her a few days prior to her passing.

I am hoping Sept 1st gets here soon, and in the meantime, maybe your dear friend will be able to watch over your little one from up above.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about your friend. I truly know just how difficult such a loss is. You as well as her family will be in my prayers.

Yayyy for the BFP! I will absolutely pray that this little bean sticks for a good 9 months!

Jill said...

So sorry for your loss. I can't imagine losing someone that close to me so young.

I so hope that your little one will stick! Best of luck and I will be praying for all of you!

Justine L said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

And I know exactly what you're going through right now ... my 12 week scan is on July 19th, and I can't seem to stop being worried every time I go to the bathroom. We're here to support you through these scary first weeks, and beyond ...

Congratulations, and keeping you in my thoughts!

Roccie said...

I hate cancer. I am so very sorry your friend is not here to support you as you move through your pregnancy.

Who am I to show up and spew my own ideas, but sometimes - only sometimes - I feel like friends I have lost are up there pulling for me. I wish I could hold on to the feeling, but it is hard. Enjoy it if you can feel it, even for a minute.

LFCA

Bristelle said...

So sorry to read about your friend. Praying for comfort for you and her family....

On a happier note, very excited for you! Praying September 1st will come quickly and be a cause for celebration!

Whitney Anderson said...

Good luck! I totally understand what you're saying about not being able to celebrate. I suffer from RPL too.