So I took your advice and called my Dr. for the actual numbers of my tests.
CD21 - 0.4 - Dr. said no ovulation
CD28 - 1 - Dr. said borderline ovulation and that she wants to repeat the test in another week.
I am feeling a little bit angry. After reading all your comments, 1 seems VERY low to me. Why does she feel I need to test again? I am worried that my insurance won't cover me taking 3 tests in a row and I really don't want to pay 200+ dollars for a test I don't think is very necessary. I told my nurse that on the phone and asked her to talk to my Dr. about skipping that test and my Dr. is out of town till the middle of next week. LOVELY! She is going to talk to the on call Dr. and let me know what to do. Grrrrr! I am so frustrated!
ps...I had a few new commenters to my blog this week, but I can't seem to link back to your blogs. Please leave me a comment with your blog address so I can read about your experiences.
#Microblog Monday 605: Halloween Candy
13 hours ago

5 comments:
I may have missed this in the last couple posts, but do you know what DPO these results were from?
To me those test seem to be saying anovulatory...but I'm definitely not an expert, by any means.
I am no expert either, but I do know mine went from 12 on my own to 33 and 39 on my first 2 rounds of Clomid, and I was told those numbers were very good.
When I had my last check, it was only 9. When I expressed concern to my RE, she said 9 was fine, and it wasn't a big deal that it had dropped that much b/c it's different at different times of the day. Hmmm... just my two cents, for whatever it's worth!
*hugs* I'm sorry this is so frustrating. I hope you are able to figure it out and that it won't cost too much money.
Are they trying to see if the Clomid worked? That's the only thing coming to mind.
I would be upset too! Seriously, $200+ for unneccessary tests, no thank you.
Hopefully the on-call Dr will give you better options.
{hugs!}
Ungh. Maybe she thinks you ovulated late... but it still seems unnecessary at this point- especially if you pay out for it (My insurance never covered them, it was like adding insult to injury every time I got a negative ovulation result)
Sorry.
Post a Comment