9.18.2009

Negative Nelly

This is not a happy post. I am in a bad mood....read with caution.

Just got off the phone with my Dr.'s nurse. They won't up my dose of Clo mid until they do one more progesterone test to make sure there was no ovulation. SERIOUSLY! I am mad. I feel like they aren't listening to me. My last level was a 1...a ONE! They are worried about up-ing my change for multiples by up-ing my Clo mid if this dose did make me ovulate but my point is that even if I did ovulate, it was a very weak ovulation and so up-ing the does is not going to kill me (I told my nurse my side of the story a little more eloquent then that). My nurse says she understands both sides, but that my Dr and the on call Doc are both saying the same thing so I have to pay for another stupid pointless test. Sorry about the vent session. I am just mad a frustrated and trying not to tear up at work.

And to think, I was having a great morning.

I promise to post about somthing I am greatful for before the end of the day....

6 comments:

A said...

Well, it might be good to just get the next test- just to be thorough, but if the next one reveals a low level again, I would probably want an increased dosage, too. Maybe you could ask them what their threshhold for ovulation is, and tell them that many RE's standards are 10 to show a strong ovulation? I am stumped! I will be praying that you get some peace today! B-)

Jen said...

That is very frustrating! My RE was big on high does of clomid--the higher the better. I would also be interested to know their threshhold is for ovulation. That seems to be very conflicting info!

Anonymous said...

How frustrating! I hope everything works out and you get the dosage you want.

Melissa said...

Oh gosh, how frustrating!! WTH!?

So, that sort of happened with me - I wasn't getting the results I wanted with the RE so I left. Just searched for another one that would listen. Maybe it's time for a change?

I like A's advice, I'd do the same. Also, if you're going in for another test, I'd want to see MY Doctor, not the Dr. on call. That's the least they can do.

{{HUGS}}} and praying for you :)

MRS.B said...

So sorry that you're going through all this aggrivation! I agree on-call Docs just don't have an invested interest in what you're going through..so I say poo on them!

Anonymous said...

Ugh that is annoying. I don't even know if they measure my progesterone levels. They do a bunch of hormonal blood work each time, so maybe. I never hear the numbers though. I hope they let you go on with the next round of clomid.