4.19.2010

Hi, My name is Baby Hungry...Incase you forgot!!

I realize that I have fallen off the face of the Earth.  Life has been a little crazy and blogging has had to be on the bottom of the list. I still love all of you and hope you are doing good. I will try and read about how you are all doing as I find time. For those of you who still even reading even though I am a bad bad blogger, here is an update:

IF Update:

Sonohystogram:  Not a fun experience at all, but I had gotten myself so scared and worked up that it was much better than I thought. The cramping was really intense once they started filling me with saline and looking around.  Everything looks really good. The lining and shape are normal. He also looked at my ovaries and there were plenty of eggs. It was really cool to see that and hear that I have lots of eggs waiting. The cramping stayed bad for about an hour or two and then slowly went away and I was totally fine the next day.
MFMD: Now that I have finished all my testing (all of which are normal :( ) I have an appointment to see my MFM Dr. for follow up on the 27th.  At this appointment we will talk about everything that my tests show and come up with a plan on how to move forward. I have been pretty bummed that all my tests came back normal. I really wanted there to be something to fix. Either way I will be glad when we come up with a plan. I keep telling myself that the 3rd time is the charm.
Project Creating Life: My plants are AMAZING!! Some never sprouted, but the ones that did are huge. I will take pictures tonight and post them asap.

Life Update:

Job:  I actually found one!! It is for a company that I used to do design work for. I have always loved this company and am excited to finally be working for them. I am a little sad that it isn’t in design anymore, but the change has been really fun. Too bad it is an almost 50% cut in pay to what I was making as a designer. Stupid economy!! Another plus should be more frequent blogging since I am at a computer all day.  :)
Marriage: My DH and I have had a hard time in the intimacy department of our marriage lately. I think that all the pressure to make a baby has really taken a toil. We are thinking of meeting with a counselor to see if they have any ideas and to talk about how we are feeling and why we might be having the problems. Anyone else have ideas on how to help with this problem?
Weight Loss: Back in January I posted that I had lost 8 lbs. Sadly, my miscarriage emotional eating caused those 8 pounds +3 more to come back. I really hate myself for letting that happen. We are going to the beach in 6 weeks so I am trying to work really hard to get back down. I have lost 5lbs so far and have 15 more to go to be at my ideal weight. I would like to be down at least 10 more for the beach.

Overall, I am doing pretty good. The weather is beautiful and I have lots of things to look forward to. I am excited to move forward in my quest to become a mom, and am keeping my fingers crossed that it will come and stick in the next few months!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're back! :)

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about you :) Glad everything came back ok, even though that means that they aren't sure what to fix. Congrats on the new job and the great growing plants!

Jill said...

Congrats on the new job! I hope you like it.

I think a lot of us understand about the intimacy department while ttc. It is important not to lose the two of you while you are trying to become the three of you. Maybe try to take time that you spend together doing somethng you like and when talking about ttc is off limits. It is hard because you feel like your life revolves around treatments and monitoring and tww's. Good luck in this department. Recognizing it is a good first step!

Samantha said...

I'm glad you're back too!

Circus Princess said...

Glad to have you back and with lots of good news.
I think it's a great idea to see a counsellor to get help with your intimacy difficulties. Sometimes you just need to see things from a new angle.

... said...

I’m so glad you are back and doing well! Talk about serendipity. I kept mentioning my “gift” and got several emails from people asking me to post about it as they wanted something similar and wanted ideas. I finally bit the bullet and got a decent picture so I could post, but I was sure you’d never see it. Turns out you posted about the same time. I posted the links to the stores so hopefully you wouldn’t get inundated.

I think the intimacy issues happens a lot to IFers and counseling would be good. For some, there are issues of fear and those are deeply rooted issues. For some, it’s just a matter of hating being on a schedule and feeling rushed. It was actually more of a problem with me several months ago. I finally decided that I needed to take as much of the stress away as I could for those nights. I’d make sure the meal was already taken care of (crockpot, frozen, whatever) and chores done on those days, and I would decline my church meetings if they happened to fall on those important nights. It helped me so that I wasn’t feeling so rushed and overwhelmed and like being with my husband was a chore. That isn’t how it supposed to be. Still, my issues were more about time/being on a schedule so it was an easier fix. The fear that comes along with it is a deeper problem. I wish you all the best.

Great news about the job! Stupid economy is right.

Courtney said...

Great to see you back!
Don't beat yourself up! You have had a lot going on emotionally!!

Melissa said...

I'm glad your back! Congrats on the new job :)

Life Happens said...

Congrats on the new job. Don't beat yourself up on the weight loss/gain. You loss it before, you'll be able to lose it again. And I'm sure you will look great by time you head to the beach.

Browniris said...

Welcome back! I am glad to hear that your test came back okay and congrats on the new job!