I did it! I achieved all 3 of my goals!! Wahoo!
What a relief! I was so so nervous driving to my appointment, but felt completely at ease with my Dr. He was good at listening to my questions and the things I was scared about. He made me feel much more at ease about the situation I am in, but also didn't dismiss how scared and frustrated I am.
Plan of action for now; a truckload of blood work and a Sonohysterogram.
Truckload of blood work: NOT FUN!! I have terrible veins. It took 4 sticks (3 in my hands), two blown veins, and 1.5 hours to fill my 9 tubes of blood. The girl taking my blood told me she had 3 miscarriages before her successful pregnancy with twins. I really like hearing about those who have overcome recurrent pregnancy loss. I still have 2 more tests to give blood for, so hopefully I will have better luck next time.
Sonohysterogram: I need to wait a couple of weeks to start pro vera to force period and then schedule test for the day I stop bleeding. I am nervous for this test. Anyone?
Overall, I am very happy about how things went, other then the bruises rapidly showing on my hands. I feel so good about my decision to go to this Dr. and really feel like I am in the right place for me. Thanks for all your well wishes!
#Microblog Monday 605: Halloween Candy
13 hours ago

23 comments:
I hear you on the bloodwork, I also have a terrible time. I hope the bloodwork gives you answers as to where to go with things! You know I have been down this road...I am here for you!
I'm glad you achieved your goals. They were lofty ones indeed. I just wanted to let you know that my mother tried for two years, had me, then lost my younger sister one month after she was born (she was very sick and never left the hospital) then had three miscarriages (one of them at five months) before my little sis was born. She was actually going in to get her tubes tied because she couldn't do it anymore when she found out she was pregnant with my sister. I know its kind of a horrendous story, but if you like to know that people come out on the other side, with the family they wanted, she is living proof.
I'm glad you feel at ease with your Dr, it makes all the difference. Congrats on hitting your goals and especially on coming out with a plan, I always feel better with a plan - evne if I can't do anything about it for a while.
My sister overcame secondary infertility RPL (7 m/c in under 5 years) to add to her family. She actually found out about the sticky BFP the day her hubby went for his i-want-a-vasectomy Dr's appointment. I hope your sticky one comes along much quicker than that :)
Here from ICLW. I am so sorry for both of your losses. I know it can be really heartbreaking as I have experienced two also.
Your "kids" are adorable though!
Hope the sonhysterogram provides some answers and you get that sticky bean soon!
4 sticks?! ouch! That was encouragimng about the woman and her ups and downs. Not fun, but encouraging! Have a better day today!
Happy that you are on your way to some answers. I was terrified of the HSG....but it really was not that bad, worst part is the speculum...i have major speculum anxities..it is pretty quick and I hope you find your answers...:D
Happy that you are on your way to some answers. I was terrified of the HSG....but it really was not that bad, worst part is the speculum...i have major speculum anxities..it is pretty quick and I hope you find your answers...:D
I'm shuddering at all the vials of blood you had to give. Go you! Not a fan of blood work myself BUT I know it's necessary. I hope the bruising is minimal & you feel OK.
Very cool on achieving your goals! One step closer to the BIG one :)
Sounds like it was a great appt! I had the HSG done last month. For me, I didn't feel a THING! I think it really just depends on the person. Awesome job on taking the first step toward setting everything right so that next time is IT!
Sorry about all the sticks - never fun! :0(
Glad you achieved your goals. The sonohysterogram is a saline contrast ultrasound. They will do a regular ultrasound after inserting a catheter and filling your uterus with saline. I've had that as well as two HSGs (done with xray and radio-opaque dye) Hands down, I would rather have the saline contrast! No discomfort with it all.
Good wishes! I went through several miscarriages, 2-3 between successful pregnancies. Please feel free to ask any questions. We never really came up with any definite answers - but I've been through lots of testing (and blood draws!)
Good job! I'm glad it went well (despite the 5 sticks - ouch!). I'm so hoping they can come up with an easily-fixed reason for the RPL.
If you've had an HSG the sonohysterogram is CAKE! It felt like an annuel exam, just a little bit of pressure... Good Luck!
Despite the difficult blood draws, it sounds like things went well. It's such a great feeling to be positive about a new doctor. Hopefully you can get some answers soon!
So glad you had a good appointment and got good information. That is a long time to give blood. I look forward to hearing about it :)
I'm sorry to hear about your losses, but how great is it that your blood-taker could relate. It's nice to see how ICLW brings together so many people who can relate.
Hey there, here from ICLW...so glad you were able to find the right doc for you, that is so important in this journey! Best wishes!
I'm so sorry for your losses. Even though the b/w was horrible (I'm with you with the veins!) I'm glad you have a doctor who is willing to test. My first doc only half-heartedly ran some tests after my 2nd loss. It took switching to an RE after my third m/c to get some more definite answers. It's good to hear that you feel like you're headed in the right direction.
I'm looking forward to following you to your sticky BFP!
Glad things went well and you achieved your goals, good for you. I have good veins so I don't mind blood work much - but I can imagine how horrible it could be if they continually stick and missed.
I had a sonohystergram- it wasn't too bad - much easier than the HSG for me. Some slight cramping, I would suggest taking some pain meds before if you want. I didn't but I probably should have.
Hope all that bloodwork and tests get you some answers very soon. It sounds like you're doing amazing and so strong through this.
I am so proud of you for moving forward with these appointments. I can't imagine how hard it is to try to figure out why you might have lost your first two little ones. Will be praying that you receive a clear indication of an issue and that you'll receive great care during your next pregnancy!
Yikes, I'm sorry to hear about the blood work troubles, but hopefully something will come of the blood tests.
I had some discomfort when I had a sonohysterogram, but it wasn't bad. Nothing like biopsy pain. Best of luck!
Congratulations on meeting all of your goals! I hope that the test results all look good!
I nominated you for a blog award...check out my blog for details! :)
What are the differences between a sonohysterogram and an HSG? I've had the HSG. Crampy but not near as awful as I thought. The worst part was figuring how insurance would pay for it, lol.
Post a Comment