3.03.2010

Operation Creating Life: Implantation Day


I have started a little experiment. Using the Scientific Method, here are the details:

1. Ask a Question: Am I, Baby Hungry, actually able to create and sustain life?
2. Do Background Research: 2 Miscarriages...Not looking so good.
3. Construct a Hypothesis: If I am able to grow plants from seeds, and keep them alive, I just might be capable of making a baby.
4. Test Your Hypothesis by Doing an Experiment: My experiment is simple. Plant and nurture seeds until they grow into plants that can survive in the world on their own.
5. Analyze Your Data and Draw a Conclusion: Implantation Day: Went off without a hitch. I was able to successfully sow my seeds. They are hanging out in a warm place, away from sunlight, waiting for the first signs of life.
6. Communicate Your Results: you should all be pleased to know that you will get weekly updates on how my little experiment is working.

I really hope I can pull this off. My mom is a little worried about this not working out, so she planted some backups for me...gotta love moms!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is cute. I am sure you can get your cute plants to grow. What did you plant?

Jenn said...

sounds like something my mom would do! If you get them to grow, send some over here... I try and try, but only have ever been able to keep two plants alive... ever.

Mrs. Chapman's 2nd Grade Class said...

How fun! Good luck with your little seeds! My husband is planting all of his seeds for the garden as I'm typing this. He starts his garden from seed. I don't have the patience for that. Maybe that's my problem.

Carpenters said...

such a cute and great idea!
Your mom is wonderful too btw! : ) good luck!

Circus Princess said...

This made me laugh, I did the exact same thing last year... and I believe I had similar thoughts... luckily I got to enjoy both tomatoes, lettuce, radishes and other fruit and veggies :)
GOOD LUCK!

Courtney said...

I love this. You gotta smile at mom's for "looking out for us."