Dear Doctor's Nurse,
Please hurry and call me back. I am freaking out and need you to call and calm me down. I told the lady at the front desk I needed you to call me back before I go into a meeting in 1 hour. I can't go the whole weekend without talking to you or I will flip out. As I told the receptionist, I have been spotting for a couple of days, nothing too bad, but still making me nervous. I read in my book that spotting is normal as long as it isn't bright red or you have a lot of cramping along with it. Well today my spotting got darker and more red. Not much cramping, but I am still very worried. I love this tiny baby and I need everything to be ok. My boobs are still super sore, so I am hoping that means I am still pregnant. I just need you to tell me everything is ok.
Please call before my meeting, or still be available after.
Love,
Me
**My nurse called before my meeting. This might be a little tmi, but she said that when the spotting is either pink (like mine has been) or brown (like mine changed too) then those are usually ok. The fact that I am not having much cramping, if at all, is a good sign too. She told me I could come and get my blood taken to test hcg and progesterone levels and then have my hcg levels taken again on Sunday to make sure they keep rising. I have decided to go do that and put myself at ease. I don't know anything about beta numbers, but is that the same thing as hcg? Do I want to see that number double like that? I won't be able to talk to my Dr. about my test results until Monday, but I can look online for them this weekend so hopefully Dr. Google can help me figure out what they mean. I'm trying to keep my hopes up and my fingers crossed.
#Microblog Monday 605: Halloween Candy
13 hours ago

13 comments:
Ugh. Nurse, you better hurry up and call and say that there is nothing to worry about. I'm sure all is still well. *fingers crossed and good thoughts for you*
Oh my, I will be praying that your little one is okay!
Hope everything is okay, I'll be thinking of you and your baby.
I hope all is well! It seems this is pretty common though, so I'm sure it could be nothing
Good luck, I'm sure it's nothing. I spotted in my first pregnancy, everything turned out fine. Please let us know that you're ok.
I know how scared you are, but what you've experienced does sound right to me.
Yes, beta is the actual number of the hcg and you want it to increase by 60% (some say double, which I prefer) ever 2 days. Here is a great calculator and information http://babymed.com/tools/pregnancy/hcg/
Also, m/c spotting is really BRIGHT RED; sorry if tmi, but it is very bright. The dark red, dark/light brown, light pink, etc. they normally think is OK as it is old blood. But, if ANY SPOTTING (no matter the color) is accompanied by cramps, it's concerning, but still not always a threatened m/c.
Praying for you. I hate for anyone to go through this anxiety!
Yikes! Just read my comment & it wasn't clear. To clarify, I meant what you've experienced sounds like everythink is OK and its not a m/c at all, just deposits of old blood.
I'll be thinking good thoughts for you this weekend! Take care and try to enjoy the weekend! I know, easier said than done though.
Yah, beta numbers is same as hcg, like ann said above :) I'll be praying for good results!
I'm praying for you! Hope it's all good.
Hope all is well! My prayers are definitely with you.
i read about a lot of women who spot and then go on to deliver healthy babies! my grandmother had what she thought was her period when she was pregnant for my mother. she was a couple months along before she even realized she was pregnant! i hope the tests yesterday and sunday go well. keeping my fingers crossed for you. good luck!
Just came across your blog! Congrats on your BFP! I hope all is well. And yes HCG test checks your beta levels. Same thing! Here are a couple web sites I used to make sure my betas were on track: http://www.betabase.info/ and http://babymed.com/Tools/Pregnancy/hCG/Default.aspx
Post a Comment