10.19.2009

Cheering Myself Up

I have no control over my infertility. I can't tell my body to get or, as I recently learned, even stay pregnant. I am at the mercy of something beyond my control.


However, I can control my attitude.

Through this miscarriage experience I have truly felt the different stages of grief. For someone who is generally easy going and pretty happy and optimistic, I have felt stuck in the anger stage. I have no sympathy for people going through regular real life challenges like fighting with a boyfriend or losing a job. I find myself boiling with anger when I hear someone complain about anything. I just want to shout, "Well I just had all my hopes and dreams bleed out of me for the last week!!"

This behavior is not normal for me and I decided that I really needed to do something about it. On my way home from work last week I was trying to think of the things I was grateful for and the blessings that surrounded me. I looked up at the mountains that I live nestled in and was amazed at their beauty. I decided that I needed to go hiking. First, to enjoy the beautiful fall. Second, to take advantage of something I CAN make my body to. It can take me up a mountain. It might be hard, but my body can do it and for that I am thankful.










I LOVE where I live!

*Thank you Mountains for cheering me up! I went to my family cabin this weekend while DH was Deer Hunting, and My Mountains cheered me up even more.*

16 comments:

... said...

Such beautiful pictures.
Glad you're feeling better, friend.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! I'm glad the mountains cheered you up! =)

Marla said...

I've been thinking about you a lot lately. Glad to see you're getting back in the swing of things. :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures.

Anonymous said...

Ah, those are beautiful mountains! Nature therapy does wonders :)

Jen said...

Awesome pics; glad to hear you're doing better.

A said...

I think I would be inclined to do the same thing- just get some fresh air and deep breaths of crisp air. The pictures are gorgeous- you are continually in my prayers!

Lin said...

Gorgeous pictures! So glad that you were able to go to the mountains over the weekend...and glad you're feeling a bit better because of it!

Alison said...

breathtaking!!

Melissa said...

Beautiful pictures! I am glad that the mountains cheered you up & you're feeling better.

The Mrs. said...

Wow you live in a beautiful area! I'm glad it cheered you up! I have to do that too sometimes, just get away and enjoy the peace and beautiful nature!

Anonymous said...

wow, so beautiful! thank you for sharing the gorgeous pics. and thank you for writing about what you're going through, because you gave me a much needed kick in the butt. IF sucks, but i can definitely do a better job at controlling my attitude!

dustjen said...

You have a wonderful attitute! We went into the mountains over the weekend and it was one of the most beautiful things I've seen. Its such a blessing to see how much we have been given.


p.s. I hope you dont mind me following your blog, even though I dont have one of my own. I commented a little while ago and am hoping that you will get through your fertility and loss. I'm in a similar situation and I like to read about how others are coping and getting through :)

dustjen said...

Sorry, my name came out weird above. It should be dustjen.

Kate said...

You are awesome for deciding to feel better and cheering yourself up. Good for you!

Gorgeous pictures, I love where you live too :)

Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

*hugs* You are too sweet. thank you so much for your comments on my blog. I completely understand taking this month's iclw off. I hope you start feeling more yourself soon.