9.08.2009

Call from the Dr

Our weekend was great! Perfect weather! I hope you all enjoyed your extra day off!

My Dr.'s office called today. My 21 day blood work showed no ovulation. They want to do another test on CD28 and then on CD35 if I haven't started my cycle then I will need to take a pregnancy test and if that is negative then I will go back to my good friend Pro vera and up Clom id to 100mg for cycle 2. I am really glad my Dr. is being thorough and not just throwing this cycle away, even though I already have in my head. I am also glad to wait until day 35 to start Pro vera because we are going to Hawaii in 3 weeks, and this timing will make it so I am not on my period or Clomid while we are gone. Oh happy day!

I am a little worried about bumping up to 100mg. My side effects weren't horrible with 50mg, but if my headache is twice as bad, I am not going to be able to function. What is your experience with a higher dose...are the side effects twice as bad for double the amount?

PS...Sorry all these posts are so boring. I want to get back to my Cycle of Letters. I have great things to say to DH's Sperm, the lining of my Uterus, and a couple of other ones. If only stupid old Ovaries would play along!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't think this entry was boring. It was just fine. I think it's great that he is being careful with your cycle. I did pretty well on 100mg of clomid. I actually had less side effects than on 50mg because I figured out what works for me - lots of water, eating something while taking it, eating safe foods, and taking it at night. I hoe you figure out your magic combination.

Jen said...

I agree; I actually had less side effects on the higher doses of Clomid. Figure that out; maybe my body just got used to it. It also worked for me to take it with food, and then on the higher doses, to take it at night. At one point I was on the very highest of 250mg, and that made me have strange visual issues (like flashing floaters), and so they took me off it pronto. Hopefully you won't have to go that high!

Alison said...

Seems like your doc is really on top of it, which is great. Hope your second round of Clomid will be a SUCCESS!

Anonymous said...

Hoping that all goes well with this next round of Clomid -- and thrilled for you that you can enjoy your vacation period - and clomid - free!!!

Busted Tube said...

Glad to hear your doctor is being thorough! My last cycle was on 100mg of Clomid and I had pretty much no side effects, I hope it works for you.
Um, and I am jealous your trip to Hawaii! Have a blast!

A said...

I'm glad that you doc is up for retesting your progesterone again. I think some are in denial that sometimes people have long cycles/late ovulations.

I hope the increased dosage of clomid won't knock you out!!! I haven't ever had my dosage increased, so I don't have any advice...

Praying for you!

Melissa said...

I am thinking your 2nd round will be successful!! I think your Doctor rocks.

No clue on what to tell you about the higher dose. My Clomid cycle #2 is going to be on the same dosage, 50mg. Hopefully, the 100mg won't have too or no side effects!

Good luck!