9.10.2009

Where am I?

So I am not in the 2WW because I didn't ovulate, but I am not waiting for Pro vera to make AF come, so I guess I am waiting to wait. Whatever! Here are some random items going on with me to hold you and me over while I sit and wait to wait.

1. I belong to this homemade card group and every couple of weeks we all get together and make about 10 identical cards and then at the end of the night we all exchange cards so we take home 10 different cards...hopefully that makes sense. I really like these nights. They are full of girl talk, food, and a little bit of craftiness. Each time we pick a different theme for the cards ie. Christmas, Birthday, Thank You...Well when I got the Evite for this month guess what the card theme is....New Baby. Like I really want to make cards to give to all the people out there who are having babies when I can't. The best part of it all is that the girl who picked the theme had two miscarriages ttc her first and knows I just had a failed Clom id cycle. She of all people should know how it feels. To make myself feel better I think I am going to make cards that might say something like "Congrats for your new addition...." on the front and then on the inside something like "you better keep your eye on it every day of it's life or I will steal it!" or "are you sure it is your husbands?" or maybe "everyone who says your baby is cute is lying! It could win an ugly baby award!" Too mean? I think not! I also think I will use black paper.

2. I am a complete sugar-holic. I have a hard time controlling my sweet tooth. Well as I mentioned in my last post, we are leaving for Hawaii in 2.5 weeks time and sugar and swimsuits don't go well together. This week I have been doing Pha se 1 of So uth Bea ch Di et which if you are familiar with it you can't eat anything except meat, veggies, cheese, and a few nuts. I can't even eat fruit. Can I just say that I am dying here! I hate myself for procrastinating my weight loss for this trip. I don't have a ton to lose (my goal weight is about 15 pound less then my current weight) and I know I could have lost that doing WW in about 3 months time, but now I find myself frantic to lose at least 5 pounds before my poor family has to look at me on the beach.

3. We were in Hawaii 2 years ago. One day 2 of our 9 day vacation we went cliff jumping. I am afraid of heights. I didn't want to wuss out so right after my sister jumped, I jumped off the same place she did. Without looking down first. Big mistake. I broke my ankle. Crutches on the beach are not fun. Not even a little bit. Surgery when you get home from a vacation is also not fun. I feel confident that this trip will be totally different from the last one, but I can't help being a little worried. My ankle has even been acting up the last week as if to warn me that I better not mess around. I have now decided that I am afraid of heights for a reason. I need to not try and overcome my fears!

Me (with my "Stupid Broken Ankle") and my beautiful mom and sisters in Hawaii 2007

4. I need a good book to read on the beach...any suggestions?

Well, this has gotten much longer then I had planned and I know I have a hard time reading really long blogs so I will stop now and let you all get back to more important things then reading about my random life. Hope you are all doing well in your current cycle stages. If you think of a name for the one I am in let me know!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a sugar-holic too, trying to be better. =(
I'm not sure what types of books you like reading...but last time I visited my SIL she loaned me "Are you there Vodka...it's me Chelsea" by Chelsea Handler and omg it is hilarious. I seriously laughed out loud several times. Totally took my mind off IF and cracked me up. I'm sure there's more intelectually stimulating books but that was the most recent one that I really enjoyed.

MRS.B said...

I love your card ideas...I would have reacted the same way! When I was having long wierd cycles I called the place I was at "limbo" and it's important to remember in "limbo" it's not how low you can go it's about standing up afterwards and getting your balance! Stay positive!

I'm a big sugar/junk-a-holic too! So I feel your pain :P

Have a great time in Hawaii and be safe!

Melissa said...

Aw man, I'm right there with you on the whole sugar-holic. I love it...my waistline, not so much. Good luck! You can do it!

The card group is so awesome. I wish I had something like that here. Stay Positive, it'll happen. But I do like your card quotes, lol.

Hmmm..good beach reads? I liked the Shopaholic series.

Have fun in Haiwaii!

Anonymous said...

That card group sounds neat, but ugh on the topic this time. I'm sorry you have to do that, but you made me laugh about your card ideas. I hope your vacation is fantastic. I love sweet stuff too. Good luck with the weight loss. ugh, I hate waiting. So hard.

AL said...

Sorry clomid didn't work out this time, do you think they'll up the dosage for next month?

The trip to Hawaii sounds amazing! have a great time.

I'm reading twilight series right now and they are a good read. I also loved Harry Potter. I also like anything by Jennifer Weiner. Hope you find something good to read.

Anonymous said...

Yea it sucks! =( I'll let you know what he says about Femara, my apt is next Monday. =)