6.23.2009

UN-Father's Day

I know that Mother's Day is the hard holiday for us in the IF community, but I found Father's Day very hard this year. My DH has been wanting to have a baby for such a long time and was even trying to convince me to have one for a year before I agreed to go off the pill. After getting his SA test back and finding out he is a Fertile King, I have been having lots of feelings of guilt that it is all my fault that I can't give him a baby that he wants so bad. Seeing him with different kids and babies this weekend just broke my heart because he is so good with them and would make the best dad. I have always thought that it would be his job to make money and support the family, and it would be my job to make the babies and take care of the house and kids. I hate not being able to do my job! He is struggling finding a job after a layoff, so I am glad I am getting the chance to support us for a while because it makes me feel like I am doing something. Has anyone else felt that they are failing their husbands??

3 comments:

A said...

Just found you thru Stirrup Queens- I don't exactly feel like I'm failing him right now (this positive mindset may be due to our first clomid cycle and the extra hope that goes along with meds!), but I was a little sad when seeing my DH interact with our friends' 8-month old daughter recently. He was so cute, and I know he is longing for a child of his own. Some day, I have to believe!!

Baby Hungry said...

Thanks A! I am excited to read your blog since I will be starting clomid myself in about 2 weeks. I hope that once I feel like I am really doing somthing to make it happen I will have a better outlook like you said. Thanks for reading!

The Wife said...

I think for me, I feel more guilty when thinking of DH's family. His parents and his sister. They have such a small family that not to be able to add to that really makes me feel horrible. I often feel like it's one more tick in the con column for me.