6.26.2009

Heart Broken

I received a call from one of my oldest friends yesterday with some horrible news...she has Small Cell Ovarian Cancer at 25 years old. I am in complete shock. Not only does she have one tough road ahead of her, but she will also not be able to have her own kids if she makes it through all this (I should be saying WHEN not IF, but I am just too scared too). My heart is broken for the pain she has already begun to get rid of the Cancer; surgery to remove mass and one ovary and tube, Chemo, and Radiation. My heart also breaks to know that someday she will joining the IF club. I have been in shock and an emotional wreck all day. I feel like my unexplained IF is a mole hill compared to her Mountain. CANCER SUCKS!!

1 comment:

A said...

Wow, I will definitely pray for her!! You are right- as much as it sounds weird to say this, our troubles are nothing compared to what she faces.

(As an aside, you mentioned unexplained IF- I "had" that, too, until I went to an RE and he told me the progesterone level my obgyn said was "fine" was actually fairly low! I'd try to get to an RE if you feel like your obgyn isn't cutting the mustard!)