3.18.2010

Operation Creating Life: CD16

Well I thought it was time for an update on my "Operation Creating Life" experiment.  I have had both successes, and failures.  I feel like I have been able to draw some conclusions about my fertility as well.   


Look at my veggies!!  They are doing pretty good.  I have tomatoes, cucumbers, hot peppers, bell peppers, and my basil hasn't come up yet.  My cucumber is the big tall one.  I am so proud of it.  Maybe next time I am pregnant I need to eat more cucumbers??


Look at my flowers...They are doing ok, but not great.  The Morning Glory and Lobelia are doing the best.  I think about half have sprouted and the other half are still just dirt.  If that was true about my pregnancies then my last one should have stuck.  I am starting to get discouraged.  They might not be warm enough to sprout.  I hope my Uterus isn't a cold place that my little babies don't want to snuggle in.  I will have to ask my Dr. about it. 

 
This may look like snow, but it is defiantly not.  It is mold.  MOLD!!  Of all things, I am growing mold.  And it is doing great.  I clean it off all my plants every couple of days and then it comes right back even stronger.  It hasn't killed any of my plans yet, but I am really worried that it will.  I hope the lining of my Uterus isn't all moldy. 
 
I keep telling my mom that I must have a cold cold moldy Uterus and that no one wants to live there.  She doesn't think it is very funny. 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had mold problems when I was sprouting my veggies a couple years ago. Do you have a heat lamp? They might need a couple more hours of sunlight and warmth than they're getting. Just an old fluorescent light might help, too :).

Anonymous said...

I think they look great. good job!

... said...

Please, please, please ask your Dr. if you have a “moldy uterus.” I just want to see what his/her reaction would be. FTR, I know you don’t! You’re little veggie is going to take hold in there in one day soon.

I never had any luck planting basil in the starter things. It was always best (in my area) to just toss them in the pot outside as soon as it was warm enough. I've never tried the veggies, so I am truly impressed with your experiment.

Katie Tanner said...

I don't believe you have a cold and moldy uterus..lol

Jenn said...

:) You've done way better then I could have!! And I'm sure your uterus isn't cold and moldy!

Courtney said...

Those are looking good! It takes talent to grow mold!! I don't know how to fix that problem!

A said...

HA! Yes please ask your doc about if he thinks you have a moldy uterus!!!

Your sprouts look great! I'm going to plant mine today!! I think that was why our garden last summer was so fulfilling- at least we can grow SOMETHING!!

Melissa said...

LOL, cold moldy uterus...I wonder what kind of look your Dr. would give you, lol.

I had the same problem with mold when growing my veggies a while back. I blame the weather. But the veggies, some of them, bounced back.

Good job :)

The Baby Race said...

Your post made me smile :)

I am very impressed with your green thumb.

Browniris said...

I think your plants look great!

Anonymous said...

I have never been able to keep plants alive for long. I love this idea, I am seriously thinking about trying it out! Maybe as I conquer my struggles as a green thumb, I'll conquer my baby making struggles!

Emily said...

Just thought you should know that I laughed out loud when I read the comment about your uterus growing mold. Only because I immediately pictured my own uterus covered in soft, white, fuzzy stuff. And then I though, "Well, at least it would be growing something then."

Anyways, that was a long way of saying thanks for the smile!