Today I start OPK's. I have done it before, but this time it seems super important because I need to know if Clom id did its job. I am also not using digital tests this time seeing as how I am not a millionaire. Any advice on this? How many times a day did you test? What time of day did you test? Any pointers would be great!
XOXO
#Microblog Monday 605: Halloween Candy
13 hours ago

10 comments:
Thanks for your note. Sorry, I'm not much help. My RE doesn't have me use them, I just pay more money I guess having multiple ultrasounds through out the whole process to see whats up.
Hi! I found your blog through the ICLW blogroll.
I use the internet cheapies and just use them once a day between 4pm and 6pm (pretty much before I eat dinner). I'd say if you have a bunch to go through (and you didn't spend a ton of $$ on them) do it twice a day and get the last one done before bed.
Hope the clomid works for you!
I use internet cheapies, too. Around 6pm and 11pm tend to be the best times for me. I test once a day until a day or two before I expect O (I get anxious!) and then start testing twice per day. Be careful not to drink too much fluid before testing, it can dilute the sample and make it harder to see that elusive "dark enough" line! Good luck!!!
ICLW
I use my monitor, and I do the peeing first thing in the AM :)
Good luck!!
This cycle I used a digital for the first time (cheapest I could find was at Target) and my RE actually told me to test only first thing in the morning. Oddly enough the other tests I'd been using had said to test between 11am and 8pm, so I had been testing in the early evening, right as I got home from work. I wasn't getting super strong lines on the cheapies, but this month I tested with the cheapie on Friday night & got a super strong line and then the digital turned positive when I used it on Saturday morning.
Sorry for the novel- maybe double check with your doctor about the time they recommend?
I have always tested first thing in the morning..but I'm not sure it matters just as long as it's the same time everyday.
I don't remember the brand, but I always bought them at Wal-Mart and got the 20 pack or something because I never knew when I would 'O' so I would test way longer than necessary.
Also I bought the lil plastic mouth wash cups and pee'd in them and dipped the stick in, it just made me feel like the stick got quality exposure :) Good Luck and Happy Peeing!
I used the Answers strips that you can get at Wallyworld. They come 20 or 30 to a pack (I can't remember which). This was you can test twice a day.
Saw this on LFCA. I used the Answer strips but always had really bad luck with them no matter what. I believe that I am fully capable of following instructions and using them correctly (by the way, I recommend using mouthwash cups too), and I almost ALWAYS got positives (this may have to do with my PCOS more than the strips fault). I even took the strips in to my RE and they agreed. And I tried using them after getting a trigger shot which should guarantee a positive just to compare and they looked just like the strips I would get a week before O time. I sprung for the digitals one month and never got positives with those. Finally I decided that I didn't really need to worry about it so much since I was getting u/s monitoring anyhow and stopped trying since they clearly weren't working. That's when I got pregnant too. Good luck on the clomid! It can work, this is a clomid baby!
Here from LFCA - I also used internet cheapies (both the POAS version and the dip-in-pee version too). I would do it late afternoon, early evening (about 6-ish) and would start on CD 10 or 11. I only tested once each day.
Good luck!
Thanks everyone!! This really really helped!
Post a Comment